Update 2021-02-07: old links removed.
If you had to say everything that had to be said about the Holy Spirit in six sessions, what would you focus on? Which Scriptures would you choose?
Theology must be practical. Theology tells us the Holy Spirit is a person, so how do we relate to him? What is this Person doing? How do we partner with him? What does it look like to do life with him?
Those questions drive the agenda for live sessions (not blog topics) over the next six Monday evenings:
- Encountering Holy Spirit: Holy Spirit is a person. So, how do we encounter him?
- Jesus and Holy Spirit: Jesus promised Holy Spirit to his followers (John 14–16). His first act after becoming king (his ascension) was to give Holy Spirit to his people (Acts 1–2).
- Life with Holy Spirit: We’re no longer stuck with our broken life (flesh). Holy Spirit gives us a fruitful life (Galatians 5; Romans 8).
- Holy Spirit’s gifts: Holy Spirit builds us together as Jesus-in-the-world, gifting us to be agents of Jesus’ powerful practical love (1 Corinthians 12–14, over two weeks).
- Living in union with Holy Spirit: by observing how the persons of the trinity honour each other, we learn to join God’s dance.
When? 7–9 pm, Mondays 24 July – 28 August 2017.
Where? Riverview Church, 1 Thorogood Street Burswood, Western Australia.