Twelve months ago this blog was born to draw attention to what Jesus thought was the most important thing in the world: the restoration of God’s reign (kingdom of God).
800 hours of life have gone in researching and writing 180 posts (100,000 words and 40,000 in quotes). Today this task seems more important than ever. The kingdom perspective makes sense of the entire Bible’s narrative.
Now I’m dropping a day at work, in the hope of pouring what’s left of my life into seeking God’s reign and finding ways to express it in our time. These are baby steps towards such an all-consuming goal. Thanks for sharing the journey.
So what were the most popular posts? Check out the top dozen:
- Who corrupted God’s world? (Genesis 6:1-6)
- Trump and the kingdom of God
- Why this blog?
- Why did Abraham plan to kill his son? (Genesis 22:1-2)
- What is the gospel? (Tim Healy)
- Abraham’s life: a summary
- Is God male?
- When you get hurt (Genesis 34:1-2)
- Are Christians the moral police? (Matthew 5:13-16)
- The “Aha” moment
- John 3:16 — a kingdom perspective