Would you like to focus your attention on Jesus in the week leading up to Easter?
Since we’ve recently completed the Gospel of Matthew, here’s a relevant meditation for each day of the week ahead (commencing Friday 4 April 2022):
- Friday: Son of man: suffering king (Mt 16:21–17:23)
- Saturday: How Jesus explained the cross (Mt 20:17-19)
- Palm Sunday: The king who comes in peace (Mt 21:1-9)
- Holy Monday: Loving God and people (Mt 22:34-40)
- Holy Tuesday: The power of life and death (Mt 23:25-39)
- Holy Wednesday: Why did Jesus die? (Mt 26:1-5)
- Maundy Thursday: My blood of the covenant (Mt 26:28)
- Good Friday: The meaning of the cross (Mt 27:32–44)
- Holy Saturday: Why have you abandoned me? (Mt 27:45–51)
- Easter Sunday: Risen and reigning (Mt 28:1-10)
- Easter Monday: Our king’s great commission (Mt 28:16–20)
Praying that these meditations help you focus your heart and thoughts in the most crucial week of the year.
In the service of our king,