Jesus launched his most famous sermon with promises of blessing. Who were they for? What was he promising?
Was he telling those of us who are privileged and blessed how to be our best selves, how to be more blessing? Or was he promising that the world under his kingship would be different, that those who had missed out would finally be blessed?
Me and my blessings? Or Jesus and his kingship?
Have a listen (23 minutes).
- Kingdom manifesto (Mt 5:3-12)
- Blessed (Mt 5:3-6)
- The other side of blessed (Mt 5:3-6)
- Humanity untwisted: the joy of the Beatitudes (Mt 5:3-12)
- The best way to understand Jesus (Mt 5:3-12)
- How does the kingdom come? (Mt 5:7-12)