Here it is. Our first commentary on a book of the Bible, from the perspective of the kingdom of God.
We covered Ephesians over six months. Those 50+ posts have now been compiled into a free, downloadable commentary.
As the reverse of the title page explains, you have permission to use it yourself, share it with others, use it academically — basically anything except selling it for profit.
Here’s the PDF (1 MB). This is the best format for general use. Enjoy.
Update 2022-04-18: commentary updated (typos fixed, quotations included).
For Logos users
If you use Logos Bible Software and would like to compile this as a Personal Book, here’s the DOCX (600 kb) and cover (62 kb).
In Logos, go to Tools | Personal Books, and complete as follows:
- Title: Ephesians: a kingdom perspective
- Author: Browne, Allen
- Copyright: Copyright 2020 Allen J Browne
- Type: Bible Commentary
- Subject Heading: Ephesians
- Series Title: A kingdom perspective
- Publisher & Publication Date: (leave Publisher blank) 2020
- Description: Allen Browne analyses Ephesians from the perspective of the kingdom. Since Jesus’ theology, life, ministry and teaching centred around the kingdom of God, the question arises as to how central this theme was for the New Testament writers. The author shows how Ephesians looks through this lens.
- To use the cover graphic, click Change … (left-hand side).
- Make sure you set Type to “Bible Commentary.” (Required for indexing.)