When you relate to God, are you usually thinking of the Father, the Son, or the Spirit? Which one do you need to know more about?
Is Holy Spirit someone’s name? How do you relate to this person named Holy Spirit? How do we do life with him? How does he help us relate to other people?
Join me live for some Bible study and discussion over six Monday evenings, covering:
- Encountering Holy Spirit: If Holy Spirit is a person, how do we encounter him? Notes.
- Jesus and Holy Spirit: Just as he had promised (John 14–16), God’s Anointed empowered his people with the Holy Spirit as soon as he ascended the throne (Acts 1–2). Notes.
- Life with Holy Spirit: Instead of living out our broken life (flesh), God’s people can live the fruitful life the Holy Spirit gives (Galatians 5; Romans 8). Notes.
- Holy Spirit’s gifts: Holy Spirit draws God’s people together to function as Jesus in the world (his body). The gifts of the Spirit empower us to be agents of his love (1 Corinthians 12–14, over two weeks). Notes and notes.
- Living in union with Holy Spirit: See how the persons of the trinity honour each other, and join the dance.
When? 7–9 pm, Monday evenings 21 October – 25 November, 2020.
Where? Riverview Church, 1 Thorogood Street Burswood, Western Australia.
It’s free, but please register for Unit 103 — Holy Spirit and You.
Notes will be available for download each week before class.
See you there.