Want to be intentional about prayer? Want to pray in partnership with what God wants?
Join me for six Monday evenings here in Perth, as we learn from Jesus how to pray.
It’s been six years since I taught this course, so I’m excited to be teaching the Lord’s Prayer again in 2019:
- 6 May: What’s the significance of approaching God as our Father? Jesus was God’s Son; are we included in that relationship? Notes.
- 13 May: Why do we pray for God’s name to be hallowed? What is God’s name? Isn’t it already holy? Notes.
- 20 May: What are we praying when we invite God’s kingdom to come? Can you imagine God’s will done on earth as it is in heaven? How can we live like that now, even when people still hurt us? Notes.
- 27 May: Does our daily bread cover all my needs? How should I expect God’s provision: so I can stockpile for my future, or so we’re dependent for fresh bread to share for each day? Notes.
- 10 June: We know we need God’s forgiveness, but why does Jesus make it conditional on whether we forgive others for the debts they’ve incurred to us? That’s not how the gospel works, is it?
- 17 June: Why do we ask God not to lead us into temptation? Surely God doesn’t want us to be tempted? What are we praying when we ask to be delivered from evil?
As you can see, this gets very practical. What Jesus lived and what Jesus prayed were congruent: his life explains his prayer, and his prayer explains his life. We’ll help you develop that prayer-life integration.
- Location: Riverview Church, Burswood, Western Australia.
- Time: 7–9 pm each week, except 3 June (public holiday).
- Notes: Free download each week from Advance in Faith, under the heading Advance in Faith 203: The Lord’s Prayer.
- Cost: Free, but please register (helps with planning).
Even if you’re not in Perth, you’re welcome to download the notes each week. Post a reply to let us know you’re joining us.