Scot McKnight’s blog surpasses others in content and popularity.
Today he shared his approach to writing.
- Writing is a way of learning, a way of coming to know what someone wants to know, a way of discovering.
- Writing is a pen seeking understanding.
- If a person wants to write, nearly always it has to be a way of life.
- Like running, writing is something that takes constant practice.
- Begin with a blog — but only if you can add to it daily, or at least five times a week. (Otherwise, no one will read you.)
- Writing isn’t done on the side. It’s in the soul, it’s a way of being, and it’s not for everyone. It’s a scribbler’s itch to get it down.
[previous: What difference does the resurrection make?]
[next: The naughty child story]